Join your host, Daniel Nickles, and guest, Deren Huang, as they talk about industrial real estate investing. Deren built his portfolio to 100 residential units in Tulsa, Oklahoma but became tired of the Midnight calls, especially from the police. So he has shifted his focus to commercial real estate, specifically the industrial sector. Daren shares that aside from being the largest class asset, the other best thing about Industrial real estate is the triple net leases which are advantageous not only to the owner but also to the tenant. He also discusses creative financing techniques, eCommerce, and Tulsa’s current market state. So tune in to learn more about industrial real estate and enjoy!
Outline of the episode:
- His first investor client changed his life
- How he got to 100 units in his portfolio in Tulsa
- What is industrial real estate?
- What are the different types of industrial real estate?
- What is it about Tulsa that makes the industrial estate so attractive?
- Rising interest rates and their impact on industrial real estate
About Deren Huang:
Deren’s first real estate investment was by accident. He bought a townhouse and rented it out to roommates in college. Fast forward to now, he has over 100 units under management and is aggressively investing in industrial real estate.
Connect with Deren Huang here:
Catch The Two Smart Assets Real Estate Investing Podcast here:
Catch Daniel Nickles and get a copy of the Passive Investors Handbook here: